Friday, February 09, 2007

Lots of flying!

Hi from Manilla, where I've been for the last 5 days. I've had 4 days of flying in that time J - just what I needed after the Killarney comp where we unfortunately only had 2 valid tasks. Today was a 5 hour flight, from Mt Borah (east launch), with the hangies to Boggabri (the first turnpoint of their task – day 7 of the NSW Titles) and then back towards Manilla, landing 20km short when the sky started getting a bit big for my tired body and mind. 100km all up, flew parts of it with Kari (USA), Paul (UK) and Adi (India/Japan).
Am sad not to be in Bright for the 3-2-1 competition … my brother is getting married on February 14th in Queensland … very romantic, but I do wish Valentines Day didn't coincide with the competition!! I'm not complaining though - weddings are special, and it's certainly been good to be getting the airtime here in Manilla.
Heike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home